CFID/AMMI CANADA KICKSTARTS FUNDRAISING INITIATIVE
To donate online at CFID website (www.researchid.com)
• Click here
To donate by email, surface Mail or fax
• Download and complete one-page Donation Form here
NEW CANADIAN GUIDELINES:
• ‹New!› An Update on the Management of Chronic Hepatitis C - 2015 Consensus Guidelines from the Canadian Association for the Study of the Liver download
• Guidance on the use of antiviral drugs for influenza in acute care facilities in Canada, 2014-2015 download
• Guidance for practitioners on the use of antiviral drugs to control influenza outbreaks in long-term care facilities in Canada, 2014-2015 download
• Canadian Ebola Clinical Care Guidelines, revised Oct 28, 2014 download
• CIHR Canadian HIV Trials Network: Management and Treatment of HIV/Hepatitis-C Coinfection in Adults, CJIDMM 24:217, 2013 download
• Canadian Thoracic Society: Canadian Tuberculosis Standards, 7th Edition, 2013. Can Resp J, vol 20 (Suppl A), 2013 download
• Public Health Agency of Canada: Primary Care Management of Hepatitis B - Quick Reference, 2013
‹New!›Canadian Public Health Laboratory Network (CPHLN) Voluntary Reporting of Carbapenamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae: 2008-2014
• Dr. Michael Mulvey, National Microbiology Laboratory, Public Health Agency of Canada (Uploaded May 6, 2015) download
‹New!› SURVEILLANCE OF ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE AND ANTIMICROBIAL UTILIZATION IN CANADA
• Prepared for the National Collaborating Centre for Infectious Diseases by AMMI Canada - June 2014 read more ...
DO BUGS NEED DRUGS?
• A Community Program for Wise Use of Antibiotics in Alberta and British Columbia read more ...
2015 CFID Awards Competition
- Results announced Congratulations to all winners!
• History of CFID Awards
What's Hot in Infectious Diseases 2015?
- From the 2015 AMMI Canada/CAMID Conference, April 15-18, Charlottetown, PEI
Difficult to Treat Organisms: the CDC Big Three
Challenges in Invasive Fungal Infections
HCV Treatment in 2015
CFID State of the Art Lecture
Anti-Vaccine Movement: Strategies to Address Vaccine Hesitancy
(Dr. Noni MacDonald, Dalhousie University)
Other Selected Plenary Presentations
Dr. Michael Rekart, Emeritus Clinical Professor of the School of Population and Public Health at UBC, presented his recent experiences of combating the Ebola outbreak in Sierra Leone "Ebola: Nor Touch Am - Reflections on public health and private experiences in an Ebola outbreak in Africa" at a recent BCCDC Grand Round on February 17, 2015 in Vancouver, BC. - download presentation
What you need to know about Ebola in Canada
The Neglected Global Diseases Initiative at UBC (NGDI-UBC) has developed an extensive online resource on Ebola and Canada's response to the West African outbreak. Find out the latest developments from their website.
CFID Supported Research
- current activities
Canadian Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance System - Report 2015
- download PDF
The Canadian Nosocomial Infection Surveillance Program, Public Health Agency of Canada, collects surveillance data on antimicrobial resistant organisms (AROs) from 57 large, university-affiliated tertiary care hospitals in 10 provinces.
• Antimicrobial resistance trends 2007-2013 English
• Clostridium difficile infection rates 2007-2012 English
• Carbapenem-resistant GNB trends 2010-2012 English
For other CNISP project results, visit AMMI Canada
Update on Emerging Respiratory Viruses - MERS-CoV, H7N9, other influenza, EV-D68
(prepared by BCCDC, Feb 27, 2015):
• MERS-CoV Epi-Curve (Feb 25, 2015)
• H7N9 Epi-Curve (Feb 25, 2015)
• H3N2V Map of Cases (Oct 31, 2014)
• EV-D68 (Oct 1, 2014)
Update on Ebola virus disease:
• BCCDC Update
(Oct 13, 2014)
• CNPHI Posting
(July 28, 2014)
More News and Past Events