‹New!› These helpful talks were presented on Trainees' Day at the 2016 AMMI-Canada/CACMID Conference on March 30 in Vancouver, BC.
- • Pearls for Success on the Royal College Fellowship Exams (Dr. Troy Grennan, University of British Columbia) download
- • Oh, the Places You'll Go (Drs. Miguel Imperial & Melanie Murray, University of British Columbia) download
- • Surviving and Thriving after Residency (Dr. Melanie Murray, University of British Columbia) download
- • Things I Wish I knew During Residency (Dr. Philippe Martin, University of Sherbrook) download
- • Beyond "Staff" aureus - Getting the Most out of Residency (Dr. Zain Chagla, McMaster University) download
RECENT CANADIAN GUIDELINES AND POSITION STATEMENTS:
• The Risk of Zika Virus to Canadians - First Update (2016) download
• Choosing Wisely Canada: Top 5 list in Infectious Diseases (2016) download
• The Use of Early Antiretroviral Therapy in HIV-Infected Persons (2016) download
• Canadian Recommendations for the Prevention and Treatment of Zika Virus (Mar 24, 2016) download
• Update on Influenza Antiviral Drug Treatment and Prophylaxis for the 2015-2016 Influenza Season download
• An Update on the Management of Chronic Hepatitis C - 2015 Consensus Guidelines from the Canadian Association for the Study of the Liver download
• Guidance on the use of antiviral drugs for influenza in acute care facilities in Canada 2014-2015 download
• Guidance for practitioners on the use of antiviral drugs to control influenza outbreaks in long-term care facilities in Canada, 2014-2015 download
• Canadian Ebola Clinical Care Guidelines, revised Oct 28, 2014 download
• CIHR Canadian HIV Trials Network: Management and Treatment of HIV and Hepatitis-C Coinfection in Adults, CJIDMM 24:217, 2013 download
• Canadian Thoracic Society: Canadian Tuberculosis Standards, 7th Edition, 2013. Can Resp J, vol 20 (Suppl A), 2013 download
• Public Health Agency of Canada: Primary Care Management of Hepatitis B - Quick Reference, 2013
– English: French
THE CANADIAN INTEGRATED PROGRAM FOR ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE SURVEILLANCE (CIPARS)
• Preliminary evidence of reduced incidence of antimicrobial resistance in poultry following elimination of the use of antimicrobials of very high importance to human medicine by the Canadian Chicken IndustryEnglish; French
COMBATING ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE: HOW DOES CANADA PERFORM AMONG G7 COUNTRIES?
• The World Health Organization Global Action Plan Against Antimicrobial Resistance was adopted during the G7-Summit held in Elmau, June 2015. This report outlines examples of "best-practice" national strategies developed by the participating countries. read more ...
CANADIAN PUBLIC HEALTH LABORATORY NETWORK (CPHLN)
Voluntary Reporting of Carbapenamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae: 2008-2014
• Dr. Michael Mulvey, National Microbiology Laboratory, Public Health Agency of Canada (Uploaded May 6, 2015) download
CANADIAN ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM - 2015 download PDF
DO BUGS NEED DRUGS?
• A Community Program for Wise Use of Antibiotics in Alberta and British Columbia read more ...
ANTIMICROBIAL STEWARDSHIP PROGRAM AT ST. PAUL'S HOSPITAL