CFID/AMMI CANADA KICKSTARTS FUNDRAISING INITIATIVE
To donate online at CFID website (www.researchid.com)
• Click here
To donate by email, surface Mail or fax
• Download and complete one-page Donation Form here
NEW CANADIAN GUIDELINES:
• ‹New!› Guidance on the use of antiviral drugs for influenza in acute care facilities in Canada, 2014-2015 download
• ‹New!› Guidance for practitioners on the use of antiviral drugs to control influenza outbreaks in long-term care facilities in Canada, 2014-2015 download
• ‹New!› Canadian Ebola Clinical Care Guidelines, revised Oct 28, 2014 download
• CIHR Canadian HIV Trials Network: Management and Treatment of HIV/Hepatitis-C Coinfection in Adults, CJIDMM 24:217, 2013 download
• Canadian Thoracic Society: Canadian Tuberculosis Standards, 7th Edition, 2013. Can Resp J, vol 20 (Suppl A), 2013 download
• Public Health Agency of Canada: Primary Care Management of Hepatitis B - Quick Reference, 2013
‹New!› SURVEILLANCE OF ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE AND ANTIMICROBIAL UTILIZATION IN CANADA
• Prepared for the National Collaborating Centre for Infectious Diseases by AMMI Canada - June 2014 read more ...
DO BUGS NEED DRUGS?
• A Community Program for Wise Use of Antibiotics in Alberta and British Columbia read more ...
2015 CFID Awards Competition - Results to be announced the week of March 2, 2015
• Juan A. Embil Trainee Award English French
• John M. Embil Mentorship Award English French
• AMMI Canada Medical Student Research Award ‹New!› English French
• CFID Summer Research Studentship Awards English French
• CFID Safe Water Pilot Grant Award English French
History of CFID Awards
What's Hot in Infectious Diseases 2014?
- From the 2014 AMMI Canada/CAMID Conference:
Dr. Michael Rekart, Emeritus Clinical Professor of the School of Population and Public Health at UBC, presented his recent experiences of combating the Ebola outbreak in Sierra Leone "Ebola: Nor Touch Am - Reflections on public health and private experiences in an Ebola outbreak in Africa" at a recent BCCDC Grand Round on February 17, 2015 in Vancouver, BC. - download presentation
What you need to know about Ebola in Canada
The Neglected Global Diseases Initiative at UBC (NGDI-UBC) has developed an extensive online resource on Ebola and Canada's response to the West African outbreak. Find out the latest developments from their website.
Dr. Nelson Lee, Professor & Head of Infectious Diseases in the Department of Medicine & Therapeutics and Stanley Ho Center of Emerging Infectious Diseases at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, delivered a fascinating talk on "Emerging Infectious Disease Threats and the ID Physicians in Asia" at a recent UBC
Division of Infectious Diseases Intercity Rounds presentation on June 26, 2014 in Vancouver, BC. - download presentation
CFID Supported Research
- current activities
The Canadian Nosocomial Infection Surveillance Program, Public Health Agency of Canada, collects surveillance data on antimicrobial resistant organisms (AROs) from 57 large, university-affiliated tertiary care hospitals in 10 provinces.
• Antimicrobial resistance trends 2007-2013 English
• Clostridium difficile infection rates 2007-2012 English
• Carbapenem-resistant GNB trends 2010-2012 English
For other CNISP project results, visit AMMI Canada
Update on Emerging Respiratory Viruses - MERS-CoV, H7N9, other influenza, EV-D68
(prepared by BCCDC, Feb 27, 2015):
• MERS-CoV Epi-Curve (Feb 25, 2015)
• H7N9 Epi-Curve (Feb 25, 2015)
• H3N2V Map of Cases (Oct 31, 2014)
• EV-D68 (Oct 1, 2014)
Update on Ebola virus disease:
• BCCDC Update
(Oct 13, 2014)
• CNPHI Posting
(July 28, 2014)
More News and Past Events